Thinking of selling - BS3 Bi Turbo Touring 2018

A place for members to list and discuss selling their ALPINA
B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3615
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Weald of Kent

Post by B10BRW » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:33 am

simon13 wrote:the guy who runs Bramley is caked
Translation please Simon :?:
It drives very nicely and has a great specification, but is still overpriced :?

User avatar
Charles
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7052
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:44 am
Location: Oxford

Post by Charles » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 am

B10BRW wrote:
simon13 wrote:the guy who runs Bramley is caked
Translation please Simon :?:
It drives very nicely and has a great specification, but is still overpriced :?
A quick google search for "caked" reveals a variety of alternative urban definitions but I think the one Simon is going with is someone who is extremely wealthy - or at least I hope that's the one :shock:
Charles
Teacher of Chemistry and driver of ALPINAs - not necessarily in that order ;)
B3S Touring (49/116) - been to the moon and now on the way back!
Renault Grand Espace - not mine but the wife's!

Metrics
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 1:33 pm
Location: Berks

Post by Metrics » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:15 am

LOL! :lol:
2012 Alpina D5 BiTurbo No. 13
2002 Alpina B10 V8S No. 60
1993 Mercedes 190E 2.6 Sportline spec
2005 Audi TT 225
1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Sportline cabriolet
1983 Mk1 Golf GTI

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3615
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Weald of Kent

Post by B10BRW » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 am

Charles wrote:
B10BRW wrote:
simon13 wrote:the guy who runs Bramley is caked
Translation please Simon :?:
It drives very nicely and has a great specification, but is still overpriced :?
A quick google search for "caked" reveals a variety of alternative urban definitions but I think the one Simon is going with is someone who is extremely wealthy - or at least I hope that's the one :shock:
I have heard of "Minted", perhaps it's Mint cake :lol:

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 7092
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by ade and liz flint » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:51 am

simon13 wrote:the guy who runs bramley is caked so i hear on the grapevine and he ordered specced said green wagon thats forsale there,
Wealthy: yes. Regularly orders new ALPINA and uses them as own wheels and lists them for sale, usually at a small profit, whilst they use them. Once bored, move on and they remain for sale. Watch the stock and Facebook stuff and you get an idea. They do similar with other marques, particularly GT spec Porsche.
RufRt12 wrote: I can only assume that Alpina have already got their hands on the G20 with a view to making it 'better'?

it would seem that both yourself and my wife are in agreement that coughing up £75,000 for an outgoing model is an act of lunacy no matter how many times I stop off to lick the windows at my local dealership :(
Yes, the G20 spec is under development. Saw some mule shots a short while ago

Saloons will be a hard sell, and equivalent difficulty found in used market.

I stopped licking windows when I was banned from local Porsche centre :lol: but wife wants one of those if we can find the pennies so she's working on a disguise to get me back in in future 8)
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S

RufRt12
A
A
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:56 am

Post by RufRt12 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Ahhhhh... Porsche!! Now there’s a brand that I’m very familiar with. My local dealership used to love me because of all my quirky 997 based machinery (hence the username) but three kids and several mortgages later have reduced my garage count to an X5 for the missus and an F30 D3 for me.
*sigh* how times have changed!!

Whilst I thankfully still do have a few quid to play with I’d much rather seek out a saloon based petrol Alpina as opposed a touring as I’d be buying it primarily for myself and not a perspective buyer in a few years time.

I do, however, share everyones opinion on Sytner’s prices (wether it be new or trade in) as you’d have to be smoking some sort of illegal substance to happily accept that as your fate.

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: Camberley, Surrey

Post by simon13 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Charles is down with the 36 year old kids!

Caked = loads a money!
Image

CaesarBob
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Post by CaesarBob » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:51 pm

Image
'97 E36 B3 3.2 Touring #062
'15 F32 420d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'11 E92 320d M Sport Coupe (Sold)
'99 E36 328iA SE "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'89 E30 325iA M-Tech II "Shooting Brake" (Sold)
'91 E30 318iS (Sold)

Halscot
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Halscot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 am

Just caught up with this thread - I feel for you MartinB3s - it is a great car. I got mine in the summer and cannot ever see me selling on...unless it's for another. BTW - I think the criticism of Sytner a bit harsh - they need to make money like all of us - and they keep the alpha pipeline going for all of us down the line. I negotiated with them for a while (see http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=22707) and got a 1 owner 2015 23k miles pristine B3 touring for just under 60% of its new price. Three months in I think its the best car purchase I have ever made :))
Image
Halscot

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 7092
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by ade and liz flint » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Halscot wrote: I think the criticism of Sytner a bit harsh - they need to make money like all of us - and they keep the alpha pipeline going for all of us down the line.
I guess that was a typo, as that pipeline would be messy!

You haven't been dealing with them as long as some of us :lol: They're under-offering trade numbers on their own top end brand. They insult regular customers who have bought double figure ALPINA and other cars from them with incredibly low valuations after selling them with a 'we'll look after you' kinda comment.

Their mark ups on the trade valuations they give are ludicrous: they're not even 'splitting the deal' on replacement purchases! The vehicle preparation pre-sale is woeful, and they rely on the AUC warranty to sort any issues post handover, ie they spend minimum to forecourt at vastly inflated prices over trade in.

Under-support for the brand, hence their weak prices in the UK compared to elsewhere in the world.
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S

Halscot
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Halscot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Yes - that was a typo :oops:
Wow - you've clearly had a poor experience with Sytners....pls share where one goes to to get good trade in prices and good customer service - ie where should Martin try ?
Halscot

Halscot
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Halscot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:07 pm

Yes - that was a typo :oops:
Wow - you've clearly had a poor experience with Sytners....pls share where one goes to to get good trade in prices and good customer service - ie where should Martin try ?
Halscot

Dans
AL
AL
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 am
Location: London

Post by Dans » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 am

RufRt12 wrote:
CaesarBob wrote:B3 BiTurbo #152 looks like the only real benchmark, and it's been around of a while at £60k
What would you suppose is the reason for the Bramely's car going unloved for so long? I don't think the price is unreasonable although the cream interior doesn't quite hit the spot for me. Plus the fact that it's not a more potent S model would play on the back of my mind as I drove along.
Bramley pricing is always on the optimistic end of the spectrum.
Last edited by Dans on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dans
AL
AL
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 am
Location: London

Post by Dans » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 am

ade and liz flint wrote:
Halscot wrote: I think the criticism of Sytner a bit harsh - they need to make money like all of us - and they keep the alpha pipeline going for all of us down the line.
I guess that was a typo, as that pipeline would be messy!

You haven't been dealing with them as long as some of us :lol: They're under-offering trade numbers on their own top end brand. They insult regular customers who have bought double figure ALPINA and other cars from them with incredibly low valuations after selling them with a 'we'll look after you' kinda comment.

Their mark ups on the trade valuations they give are ludicrous: they're not even 'splitting the deal' on replacement purchases! The vehicle preparation pre-sale is woeful, and they rely on the AUC warranty to sort any issues post handover, ie they spend minimum to forecourt at vastly inflated prices over trade in.

Under-support for the brand, hence their weak prices in the UK compared to elsewhere in the world.
Couldn’t have put it better myself. They’re also muppets. Imagine forgetting to renew your type approval so that every car now has to go through SVA....

ade and liz flint
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 7092
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by ade and liz flint » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Dans wrote:Couldn’t have put it better myself. They’re also muppets. Imagine forgetting to renew your type approval so that every car now has to go through SVA....
Imagine too that they had a discussion with VOSA about VIN numbers and didn't get the dual VIN situation past them? Guess which lucky muppet took his B3Sbiturbo for its annual mot shortly after VOSA's new edict came into force and guess which muppet had his car failed on the VIN situation? I was shown the very clear VOSA mot instructions recently issued regarding said dual VIN situation.

Yes I called Notts, yes they were aware of the impending change and no there was nothing they could do, yet. It was eventually sorted, but it cost this muppet one hell of a lot of hassle. Luckily I'm always at an mot station a calendar month early, so I wasn't off road whilst they worked this back. Hopeless, though.
Current:
E91 B3SBiturbo #127
981 Porsche Cayman GTS
Focus STline dog wagon

Previously loved:
ALPINA: E92 B3SBiturbo #285, E90 D3Biturbo #097, E85 Roadster S #168 & variety of 'grey' 4 and 6-cyl BMW lumps.
PORSCHE: Macan S, Cayman 981 S

Post Reply