National Festival Gaydon 13/8/2017 attendees

A place to plan / discuss / debrief about ALPINA meets

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

User avatar
MCB
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm
Location: Essex

Post by MCB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:03 am

SPA69 wrote:I had made a decision not to attend Gaydon this year however I have had a change of heart so I'll be there as normal ready to marshal all Alpina's into the display area.

There is currently around 15 ALPINAs booked so I look forward to seeing you all bright and early.
10am is officially the cut off time for cars to arrive on the display area so please don't be late as you may get directed to a general BMW parking area.
Great news Simon. It would not be the same without you. :D
1997 E36 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring. No.66
1998 E36 1.8 Touring
1989 E30 M3.
2004 E60 530D
2004 Vauxhall Signum (for the shopping)
2002 E39 M5 (Sold)

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3615
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Weald of Kent

Post by B10BRW » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:46 pm

MCB wrote:
SPA69 wrote:I had made a decision not to attend Gaydon this year however I have had a change of heart so I'll be there as normal ready to marshal all Alpina's into the display area.

There is currently around 15 ALPINAs booked so I look forward to seeing you all bright and early.
10am is officially the cut off time for cars to arrive on the display area so please don't be late as you may get directed to a general BMW parking area.
Great news Simon. It would not be the same without you. :D
Keep up Terry, I have already said that :wink: :lol:

User avatar
MCB
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm
Location: Essex

Post by MCB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 pm

B10BRW wrote:
MCB wrote:
SPA69 wrote:I had made a decision not to attend Gaydon this year however I have had a change of heart so I'll be there as normal ready to marshal all Alpina's into the display area.

There is currently around 15 ALPINAs booked so I look forward to seeing you all bright and early.
10am is officially the cut off time for cars to arrive on the display area so please don't be late as you may get directed to a general BMW parking area.
Great news Simon. It would not be the same without you. :D
Keep up Terry, I have already said that :wink: :lol:
Please forgive me Brian, but I am getting much slower these days. Unfortunately age is not just a number for me :oops:
1997 E36 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring. No.66
1998 E36 1.8 Touring
1989 E30 M3.
2004 E60 530D
2004 Vauxhall Signum (for the shopping)
2002 E39 M5 (Sold)

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3189
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincs

Post by hap » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:30 am

How was gaydon show was it much different to previous years ?

D3-No.435
A
A
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Post by D3-No.435 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:22 am

Anyone that went take any photos?
Previously and currently owned - 1987 Ford Fiesta 1.4S (sold) l 1990 Peugeot 309 GTi (sold) l 1992 Porsche 964 C4 (owned) | 2000 Audi S3 (Written off) l 2000 Mini Cooper LE500 (sold) l 2001 VW Bora 130TDi (sold) l 2001 E39 BMW M5 (sold) l 2001 VW Lupo GTi (owned) l 2006 MK5 Golf GTi (sold) l 2007 Audi S6 V10 (sold) l 2009 Golf MK6 GTD (owned) l 2011 E90 Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (owned) l 2015 Audi A3 TFSI (owned)

User avatar
MCB
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm
Location: Essex

Post by MCB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:25 pm

A great day that was made even better by the attendance and organising of the stand by Simon. Thank you :D It was great to see you again.
Not that shabby either with about 20 Alpinas attending and others scattered around some of the regional stands. I had a good chat with Brian as well. Sorry we missed saying goodbye properly. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Sorry but I forgot the camera. Hopefully someone will have some nice pictures to share.
1997 E36 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring. No.66
1998 E36 1.8 Touring
1989 E30 M3.
2004 E60 530D
2004 Vauxhall Signum (for the shopping)
2002 E39 M5 (Sold)

User avatar
pukar
ALP
ALP
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by pukar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 pm

I enjoyed the show too and a really great mix of alpinas in the display. So great meeting you guys and chatting cars. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures, I was too busy making the most of having a couple of hours without the kids to do some deep cleaning :). Thanks Simon and glad you got to enjoy the show this time.
Image

PhillV8S
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 843
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Post by PhillV8S » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Sorry, another failure to take any pics here too. Got to meet a few new faces and cars though which is always good.
Glad you got got time to finish cleaning your car Atul in the end, I was worried the show would be over before you finished not that it looked to shabby to start with😉.
Denise, your Z4 was spotless, note to self, must clean more..
E39 B10 V8S #037 Saloon SOLD
Range Rover TDV8
Subaru Outback 3.0
E64 B6s Cabriolet #100

User avatar
pukar
ALP
ALP
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by pukar » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:29 pm

someone on the BMW cc forum has posted pics....

alpinas from Gaydon2017045.jpg onwards
;)
Image

User avatar
JohnW
AL
AL
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Bolton
Contact:

Post by JohnW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 am

pukar wrote:someone on the BMW cc forum has posted pics....

alpinas from Gaydon2017045.jpg onwards
;)
That would be me ;). There are a few throughout, just an amateur snapper.

This one in with the regions too:
Image

I seriously need another Alp, perhaps a B6 E63 Coupe :P
JohnW
e92 M3 Coupe

User avatar
pukar
ALP
ALP
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by pukar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Image

hap
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3189
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincs

Post by hap » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Thanks for the link
Not seen the black mtech c2 before ?

B10BRW
ALPINA
ALPINA
Posts: 3615
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Weald of Kent

Post by B10BRW » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Loads of shots of Alpina wheels, very few shots of Genuine Alpinas :(

D3-No.435
A
A
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Post by D3-No.435 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:27 am

Some good pictures there :)

Looked like a good event, must attend next year!
Previously and currently owned - 1987 Ford Fiesta 1.4S (sold) l 1990 Peugeot 309 GTi (sold) l 1992 Porsche 964 C4 (owned) | 2000 Audi S3 (Written off) l 2000 Mini Cooper LE500 (sold) l 2001 VW Bora 130TDi (sold) l 2001 E39 BMW M5 (sold) l 2001 VW Lupo GTi (owned) l 2006 MK5 Golf GTi (sold) l 2007 Audi S6 V10 (sold) l 2009 Golf MK6 GTD (owned) l 2011 E90 Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (owned) l 2015 Audi A3 TFSI (owned)

Post Reply