Alpina Dashboard

The place to talk about ALPINAs.
e.g. News, Reviews, Insurance, Warranties, Running Costs, Sightings, general questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

Alpina Dashboard

Post by KevinB10 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:27 am

:?: I bought a B10 3.3 on Saturday 24 July. First impressions of the car are very good. The only problem is the bottom section of the dashboard is unreadable. BMW have quoted £1140 + fitting. Coopers of Banstead have offered 30% off the price as the car was serviced there prior to me purchasing it. Is this a common fault with the Alpina dashboard or am I just unfortunate?
Kevin

sward
ALPINA
ALPINA

Alpina dashboard

Post by sward » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:26 am

Kevin
The price you have been quoted from BMW to replace the instrument cluster sounds right. I bought a B10 3.3 from a BMW dealer in May, and noticed on the test drive that the OBC display under the instruments had many missing pixels. Fortunately for me, I'd done a bit of research on the net, including this site, before buying, and I agreed with the salesman that they would replace this FOC if I bought the car. This they did, somewhat to their dismay, as they told me when the part came in from Alpina that it had cost £1200. Fair play to them for sticking to the deal, though. It seems, Kevin, that this is indeed a common problem. I hope it doesn't happen to mine again: did you get a warranty when you bought your B10, because if you have a BMW warranty this should be covered. Good luck, and enjoy your B10!
Simon

Kevin B10

ALPINA Dashboard

Post by Kevin B10 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:15 am

Simon
No I didn't get a warranty as I bought the car privately. The car was originally advertised for £17000 but eventually I paid £14500 with me picking up the bill for the dashboard with 30% [£340] to be credited from Coopers of Banstead or anyBMW dealership. Do you think this deal was ok?

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by KevinB10 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:18 am

You can tell I am new to the forum, I forgot to log in!
KevinB10 is not really a guest.
Kevin

sward
ALPINA
ALPINA

Alpina dashboard

Post by sward » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Hi Kevin
Don't know what year or mileage your car is, but you got a decent discount on the asking price given that the display needed replacing, so it doesn't sound as though you have been had! To give you a comparison, my B10 is a 1999 (registered in 2000) and had 31k on the clock. Bought from a main dealer with a full service history, BMW warranty, 2 new Michelin PS2 tyres, and a replacement instrument cluster, the price was 20995. I reckoned that was OK, having looked at other Alpinas in the BMW dealer network. Anyway, I loved the car.
Simon

KevinB10
ALPINA
ALPINA

ALPINA Dashboard

Post by KevinB10 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:22 pm

Hi Simon

The B10 I bought is a 1999 on V Plate. The mileage is 69-70K I cannot
tell exactly as the mileage is now unreadable on the dashboard. It was
MOT in june with 69K miles. It has full BMW service history [serviced 2 weeks ago] but no warranty. Overall the car is in excellant condition all I have found so far is some wear on the drivers leather seat. I intend to keep the car for many years, my last car [I still have it!]a Vauxhall Carlton GSi 24V i have had 9 years.

regards Kevin