Help - Ive mixed my PAS fluid!

Got a question about your ALPINA ask it here !
You've got the car now you need to know something, techincal advice, specific questions etc.

Moderators: Charles, neil, D4

Rav
ALPI
ALPI

Help - Ive mixed my PAS fluid!

Post by Rav » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:25 pm

All - In a moment of not thinking, i topped up my B3 PAS fluid which is red with some VAG green stuff.

What should i do now?

I can leave the car at home tomorrow and take the Boxster to work. Buy some red PAS fluid. But what is the best way to empty the resovior now? Can this be done from the resovior with a syringe or similar? How can i ensure that all the mixed fluid is out?

Stupid me!
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car) - Buchloe Beast
2000 Porsche Boxster S - viola
2015 Audi A4 Avant Ultra - Wifes car

simon13
ALPINA
ALPINA

Post by simon13 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:57 pm

by draining the system, as long as its the same dextron type i'm sure it will be fine though

DogWagen
A
A

Post by DogWagen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi Rav,

If you've run the engine, I would use a syringe and suck out as much fluid as you can and replace with the proper stuff and then repeat 1-2 more times for peace of mind. It doesn't sound like you added much of the wrong stuff so it's unlikely to have a major effect on seals etc but I would keep an eye open for any seeps.

If you've not run the engine, I would simply empty and refill once.

FYI, this would be the approach I have used on aircraft (in the past I had to deal with the aftermath of a mech putting hyd oil in an engine and vice versa with the hydraulics).

Hope that helps,

Mike

Rav
ALPI
ALPI

Post by Rav » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Thank you all.

I feel like a 'plonker'.

I only put a small amount of VAG green stuff in, so will run the car tomorow for the 10 mile journey to work and go via EuroCarParts to buy Dexron III. I will then need a turkey baster or some fish tank piping....

I will only make this mistake once...

At £11/litre this might be an expensive mistake.
1999 #032 Alpina B3 3.3 saloon (UK Press Car) - Buchloe Beast
2000 Porsche Boxster S - viola
2015 Audi A4 Avant Ultra - Wifes car